Food and Beverage Vendors!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Food/Beverage vendor at The 2021 Maiden Faire Renaissance Festival. We are very pleased that you have chosen to apply. Please read the entire application, complete it, and submit it along with your $50 deposit.
Please read through all of the information in this application. It contains information regarding the Festival grounds, as well as what to expect and what is expected.
1. Food & beverage vendors are required to abide by Department of Health & Senior Services code regarding food/beverage temporary establishments. You can find a copy of the full Missouri health code at https://health.mo.gov/safety/foodsafety/pdf/missourifoodcode.pdf. For more specific guidelines that pertain to temporary food establishments such as those appearing at The Maiden Faire Renaissance Festival, please review this guide:
St. Francois County Health Department is aware of this event and may drop in for an inspection of your trailer or booth. Expect to be inspected!
2. Vendors are responsible to obtain a sales tax license for the state of Missouri if they do not already have one. The process can be lengthy and sometimes will take 30 to 45 days to complete. Each vendor is responsible to file and pay their own sales tax.
3. There are no city licenses required for this event as it lays just outside of the city limits of Farmington; however, in order to sell adult beverages, a liquor license from the State of Missouri is required. You will need to obtain the license in advance of the event and present a copy of the liquor license to The Maiden Faire Renaissance Festival via email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or postal mail (200 West First Street, Suite 100, Farmington, MO 63640) by no later than April 30, 2021. No license, no liquor sales.
4. Vendors, vendor's employees and/or volunteers are asked to wear period-related costumes. Costumes do not have to be "home-made" and may be purchased from any vendor, Faire-related or not, as long as it fits into the Tudor/Elizabethan period of the mid/late 16th century.
5. All food/beverage applications must be accompanied by a $50 deposit. Your deposit will only be returned to you after the entire Festival has ended on June 6, 2021, before you leave the grounds, if you have stayed for the duration of all four days of the Festival. Any vendor leaving before 6 pm on June 6, 2021 will forfeit their deposit.
6. Electricity will be available for your use. We do encourage you to use charcoal or propane to heat foods if possible. Please indicate what equipment you'll be bringing. We will provide more information on electricty soon.
7. All food/beverage vendors will be required to take part in a soft open day on Friday May 28, 2021. We will open at noon and close at 4 pm on that day. This will give everyone an opportunity to make any necessary alterations. This will
also be the day we invite area groups to participate in the Festival as a soft opening event. After the event, we invite you to join us at the Feast of the Maiden where we will provide you with food, drinks, and merriment!
8. All applications will be reviewed. Should we determine that you’re not a good fit with The Maiden Faire Renaissance Festival, we will return your deposit. Upon acceptance of your merchant application, an invoice will be issued for the cost of your booth space. All invoices are due and payable within 10 days of the invoice date. All invoices will be sent via Square Invoicing and must be paid within 10 days of the invoice date.
Food Service Vendor: $250. Artisans/craft vendors selling any type of food or beverage must pay this higher fee.
9. Complete the application and submit it along with your $50 deposit.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 31, 2020. Applicants will be assigned prime space in the order the application was received. Prime space for food vendors is the location nearest the main walkways.
Food service vendors will need to make their sales area Period-friendly, meaning, it will need to be decorated to fit the Elizabethan/Renaissance period. Please feel free to visit Renaissance Festival sites on the Internet for inspiration.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ALL MERCHANTS
DECOR: Please consider the appearance of your booth when planning to sell your wares at The Maiden Faire Renaissance Festival. Barrels, benches, and other types of decor are enticing to the Festival patrons.
WHERE TO STAY: On-Site camping is available. Also, St. Joe State Park's Equestrian camping area is the closest to the grounds. The phone number for St. Joe State Park is 573-431-1069. There are also several hotels in the area. Please browse our site for more information on the hotels and accommodations in the area.
SEEKING INSPIRATION? Check out other Renaissance Festivals either in person or on the Internet to get inspired. Peruse the booths, costumes, and merchandise. We want you to be successful and a little inspiration never hurt anyone.
EXPECTED NUMBER OF PATRONS: Although it is difficult to tell just how many patrons will be in attendance during the 2021 Maiden Faire Renaissance Festival, we can tell you that advertising has already begun and will continue throughout the Festival. We have complimentary passes that we'll be handing out throughout the coming months as well. All this together will assist in reaching a large number of people in the surrounding area and throughout Missouri, Illinois, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Arkansas. We expect no less than 5000 patrons, but that number is not guaranteed.